This Incident Command Course is developed with OHSA and FEMA guidelines and made site specific by adding your policies and procedures to the framework. The objectives of this course are to assist the participant in performing the following:
• Describe the purpose of an incident command system.
• Identify the major components of an incident command system.
• Explain how to properly assess the hazards at an incident as well as evaluate the resources needed.
• Describe the guidelines for balancing risks and benefits when determining a course of action.
• Describe the role and responsibilities of a Safety Officer.
• Identify the terms and staff titles applied to the components of the employer’s incident command system.
• Identify the staffing requirements for the major functions within the Hazardous Materials Response Sector.
• Identify several factors that will determine field selection of chemical protective clothing.
• Identify the concerns that should be addressed when conducting the stabilization activities at a hazardous materials incident.
• Identify several items that may be used to document the response activities at a hazardous materials incident.
• Identify several concerns that should be addressed during a post incident analysis.
By completing this course, the participants will acquire the skills and knowledge required to safely evaluate and control an incident, perform incident response operations management, select and use personal protective equipment, and perform response techniques and procedures.